Wednesday 4 July 2018

Slush Skillz

So, how's the training going, Slushter?
Aw, thanks for asking. Yeah, I thought it was all going OK, but my tutor told me, today: I just don't think you're cut out to be a mime.

It must have been something I said.

.......
.....
...
.



Yeah, OK, I'm not getting any work as a stand up, either... but it's all going rather swimmingly. I've submitted another assignment, this week and I'm off doing some more i.d. stuff, this weekend and bat activity surveys next week.

It's not leaving much time for anything else, but it's stopping me from twiddling my thumbs quite so much and it's keeping my brain working - this makes me happy.  A happy Slush doesn't waste time wondering whether there's an alternate universe in which odd socks randomly appear in the washing.

Well, it's getting late. I'll leave you with some words of wisdom from a chap I used to work with. We will call him Simon because that is his name.  Simon told me:

Debs, it's never too late to shut your mouth.




Similar advice works if you're not called Debs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Why not leave a comment. I'd love to read it. Make it good and I'll reply, too.