Sunday 2 October 2011

Head spin

When did life get so busy? I'm so confused I don't know if I've lost my horse or found some rope.

I won't talk about work.  I'll annoy myself and bore you. Neither of us wants that.

Probably the highlight of the last month was seeing the Black and White Warbler on Scilly.  It's a warbler. It's black and white. But moreover, I've been waiting about seven years to see one. And I did. Which was nice.

ANYway, I've been thinking about people.  You know, those other two legged things that wander around and get in our way.  Strikes me some of them need to get over their hang ups.

I get particularly annoyed at those who get all uppity about swearing.  Ok, yeah, there are nicer ways of saying it, but seriously "Gosh, I don't like you. You're really not a very nice person" just does not convey the message I am trying to put across.



So I was reading Take a Break, a little while ago (I didn't buy it, I found it on the train. Honest).  There was a woman who called her daughter Chimera.  Seriously? How much effort does it really take to find out what a word means before you inflict it on your child?   

So I read a few more issues. 

I have calculated that the average TaB reader has three girls called Lillet, Chlamydia and Sushi.

You may be forgiven for thinking that I don't like people very much.  But it's not all people.  It's other people.  You, I like. I reserve judgement on me.

1 comment:

  1. BTW, for those of you without a dictionary to hand and who don't remember the TV Mini Series back in 1991, here's a definition of Chimera:

    Genetics . an organism composed of two or more genetically distinct tissues, as an organism that is partly male and partly female, or an artificially produced individual having tissues of several species.


    ( often initial capital letter ) a mythological, fire-breathing monster, commonly represented with a lion's head, a goat's body, and a serpent's tail.


    any similarly grotesque monster having disparate parts, especially as depicted in decorative art.


    a horrible or unreal creature of the imagination; a vain or idle fancy: He is far different from the chimera your fears have made of him.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Why not leave a comment. I'd love to read it. Make it good and I'll reply, too.