Tuesday 30 June 2020

Fun with Shotcut

So recently, one of my crazy friends introduced me to a new group of amazing people who love to play silly games.  During the lockdown, we've been taking part in some really silly tasks.  As I'm 'a bit' camera-shy, I decided that playing with footage would be a better way of demonstrating my task completion without scaring people with my face, too much.

So I downloaded Shotcut and had a play.... This was an early play at making a documentary about something in my home...

  

It's probably obvious that I was having fun.  Granted, it took me several hours to make this simple clip, but that would surely change.

So, over the next month, I played more and turned my mind to making clips for the Wild Ideas Wild at Home project - this is a project delivered by around 12 volunteers at any one time, from all over the UK, creating content to encourage communities to engage with nature, especially during the lockdown period.

A month on, it's that little bit smoother and I'm making snippets 
with educational content and activities.  I've got a bit of a thing about ickle squills, so that was my next port of call....

 

I'm continuing to work with the team to create videos and I'm getting quicker... though that will slow down as I practise with new stuff.... next I want to make professional-looking credits and nonsense like that.

I am, though, missing the silliness... I need a very silly topic, just for fun.  Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Why not leave a comment. I'd love to read it. Make it good and I'll reply, too.